What is Aonang?
Aonang is probably the most visited and popular tourist destination in Krabi province, southern Thailand. The area is famous for its archipelago and nature with good places for Scuba Diving, Rock Climbing, Nature Trekking etc, the main reason why many adventurers visits Aonang each year. The area is also very family-oriented with activities for all ages and genders.
Hot season is from January to April and this is followed by the so called rain season. However rain occurs mainly in the evening hours from May to December. Unfortunately most travel guides and magazines available anywhere or on the internet are simply calling it rain season ( monsoon season) but do miss to specify at what time in fact it is really raining. This is unfortunate for the whole of Thailand. Rain Season is very different within the Kingdom of Thailand. If comes to the south of Thailand( Krabi, Phuket, Koh Samui, Kao Lak etc. ) maior rains do happen between the end of October and mid of December. But as we said earlier, it is raining mostly in the evening hours while on the day time there is a change of sun and cloudy skies. For a sunlover this might not be paradise, on the other hand for let us say a moderate sunlover it is much more relaxing then the hot season. In general it is very pleasant if a rain shower is cooling of the heat and moisture in the air. Most rain does occur in the month of November where one could face 2-3 days without sunshine.
A few years back, Krabi mainly had Scandinavian and European tourists that crowded the area from Mid-November to March, this were considered to be high season, having the rest of the year with mixed nationalities but in lower numbers. What has changed into the better is the increased number of Asian visitors that keeps the area busy. Krabi are still having its peak season around Christmas and New Year’s Eve but we are going towards a “all year around” season.
Development in Krabi
Krabi province used to be a small village 20 years ago but have grown into a very popular tourist destination filled with hotels, restaurants and shops.
The development of residential properties such as houses, villas and condominium apartments took of around 2010 as a result of the increased numbers of visitors. Since then lots have been built but in a controlled and manageable phase. The infrastructure in Krabi province has improved the last three years with new expanded roads, traffic lights, expanded airport etc.
Nature and attraction
As already mentioned, Krabi is popular for its beautiful nature, beaches, islands and marine life. For the adventurer there are many things to do and many places to visit.
- Diving – Krabi offers numerous dive sites including Phi phi island, live aboard tours to the famous dive site Hin Deng and Hin Muang and many others.
- Rock climbing – The lime stone cliffs are perfect for climbing and the province is well known among rock climbers and back packers for this reason. Good climbing for beginners and professionals can be found along Railey Beach, Phra Nang Beach and Tonsai Beach to mention a few.
- Khao Khanap Nam
- Noppharat Thara Beach
- Ao Nang
- Mu Koh Poda
- Green Lake
- Than Bok Khorani National Park
- Mu Koh Hong
- Namtok Ron Khlong Thom
- Hat Rai Le (Rai Le Beach) -
- Pranang Cave Beach
- Wat Tham Seua
- Emerald pool
- Night market
- Golf course
- Shooting range
Krabi International Airport is only 30 minutes away from Phu Dahla Residences. The airport has two terminals and plans for a third are under consideration. Over 50 flighs, both international and domestic, arrive and depart every day.
There are many clinics and pharmacies in Aonang to assist if you would need medical attention during your stay. Ambulances are always available in the area.
KrabiNakharin International hospital provides healthcare services located in Krabi town, only 30 minutes away from PhuDahla. Founded in 2014 with a capacity of 100 beds, They provide the most effective and advanced medical technology with high competitive medical staffs and specialties. Their specialists are General surgeon, General Practitioner, Obstetrics and Gynecologist, Dentist, Pediatrician, Anaesthetist, Internal Medicine, Orthopedic Surgeon, Otolaryngologist, Ophthalmologist, Orthopedist, Radiologist, Plastic Surgeon, Maxillofacial Surgeon, and Urologist including high experienced nurses and staffs.
Distance to the beach
The closest beaches are Aonang Beach and Nopparatthara Beach, both within 1.5km from Phu Dahla which takes 3 minutes with motorbike or car. Walking takes 10-15 minutes. There are many other beaches in the area, some unknown for the average tourist but easily accessible by car or motorbike.
- Restaurants are within walking distance. The Phu Dahla Club House, also features a Thai and Western restaurant on the 2nd floor.
- Local markets are held daily at different locations around the site selling food, clothes etc.
- Minimarts are within walking distance but will also be available on site.
- Pharmacy and Clinics
Do we have building permits?
Yes we have all licenses needed. Construction license 63/2556, 64/2556
Height of the building, each floor Total building height: 23m
- 2nd3.3m above ground
- 3rd6.6m above ground
- 4th9.9m above ground
- 5th13.2m above ground
- 6th16.5m above ground
- 7th19.8m above ground
Does Phu Dahla have a Swimming pool?
Yes, the club house has a 35m swimming pool at the top floor of building C with children pool.
Is the buildings and common areas handicapped friendly?
The designers have done their best in order to keep a universal design suitable for everyone.
Advantages of investing in phudahla and Krabi Hassle free investment, Phu Petra development ensures professional management of highest standard. We guarantee a yearly return of 6%, for 6 years.
- Benefits of guarantee 6% per year for sixth year totaling 36% with professional hotel management by Phu Petra development.
- The owner of the unit also has the right to use hotel for up to 30 days a year, free of charge.
- Appreciation of the unit in 6 th year, investor can resale in a good price because of the development and Aonang itself.
Investment program (Difference between A and B block) We offer two different options when purchasing at Phu Dahla, building A and B. A building is sold with our hotel investment program's
Reason to buy a condominium Many features of condominium ownership are attractive to people exploring different options when it comes to the purchase of real estate.
Condominium developments often provide access to certain desirable amenities that would not be practical or affordable for an individual house owner. Clubhouses, swimming pools, fitness facilities and even the actual location – such as a sea view property – can be much more affordable when shared by a group of owners, rather than by an individual property owner
Many condominium developments offer unit owners a strong sense of community, especially in developments that provide a variety of planned social events for owners. However, certain developments have a relatively high number of units on a rental program, and the sense of community in these may be less pronounced as new people (short-term renters) are in the building on a regular basis. Other condominiums boast a high number of owner-occupied units, which allows neighbors to get to know one another.
While a single-family home might be out of reach at a luxury location, at the beach, owning a condominium unit is often a viable alternative that provides owners with the lifestyle they enjoy at a fraction of the cost. Single-family homes at a popular beach location, for example, might demand prices in the millionsof dollars. A condominium unit on the same stretch of beach could be half or even one-third the cost.
Equity & Tax Advantages
For people deciding between renting a property and purchasing a condominium unit, condo ownership presents two financial advantages over renting, including the opportunity to build equity and the ability to take advantage of tax deductions for mortgage interest and property taxes. If a monthly mortgage payment would be approximately the same as monthly rent in a particular market, it may be financially advantageous to purchase rather than rent.
Some buyers will be interested in purchasing a condominium unit as a type of investment, either because they anticipate the price of the unit will appreciate considerably over time or because they wish to place the unit in a rental program. Beachfront condominiums, for example, may fetch many thousands of dollars per week during the summer vacation months; likewise, condominiums conveniently located at ski resorts can bring in similar rental fees during the winter months.
One of the biggest perks of condominium ownership is that the individual owners are not directly responsible for performing maintenance on the building, common areas or grounds. For many people, this is desirable because it frees up time for other pursuits. For others, it is a well-earned break following many years of home maintenance. In general, the monthly condominium feescover all expenses related to the repair and maintenance of central services, parts of the building aside from the individual units, grounds and community facilities.
Benefit of fully furnished
- Save cost in high quality of material purchased in bulk for all units. Cost. For many people, a furnished apartment saves money because there’s no need to buy furniture or to rent a van to carry your furniture to the apartment.
- Convenience. The easiest and most convenient way to move into an apartment is to choose a furnished apartment. All you need to bring to fully furnished apartments for rent is your clothing and other essentials. The painstaking task of moving furniture and then setting it up in a new apartment is not necessary.
- Easy to sale and more quickly to sale to the people, they don’t need to buy anything to fill up the unit.
Spec & material
- All specs and material of the unit will be listed and described in the purchase agreement.
The club house of 3 floors features retail shops, restaurants, swimming pool and fitness center. The concept and shop-tenants will be carefully designed and picked by the developer in order to make sure that the guests have a good variety of quality shops and restaurants.
The Club House can be accessed from ground floor but also by connecting walkways going from A and B building on 3rd and 4th floor.
How many elevators per building
- 2 elevators per building
Under and above ground parking
- 38 ground parking
- 20 underground parking, located underneath the club house
The Developer of The Phu Dahla Residences is a long standing member of the Krabi community; he built the Ao Nang Phu Petra hotel, a large 4 star resort in the center of Ao Nang among various other smaller bungalows and single family houses and now the most recent project, Phu Dahla Residences.
The project management which has been contracted to oversee the management has a long standing track record developing projects all over Thailand from the north to the south, they have been managing hotels and condominiums for years, and now they take on the management of Phu Dahla Residences project in Krabi. Some of the projects they managed in the past are:
- Hidayah Condotel
- The Nice Condotel
- Krabi Condotel
- The Cape Lanta Resort & Residence
- Chiang Rai Grandroom Hotel
- Phayao Condotel
- Phayao Grandroom Hotel
- Emergency exit with back up lights in case of evacuation.
- Smoke detectors are installed throughout the common areas as well as in each unit.
- Fire extinguisher on each floor
- Generator and emergency light in the room
- Building warranty 5 years
- Attachment warranty for 1 year, unless longer provided by manufacturer.
Condominium Acts in Thailand
In Thailand, foreigners are permitted to acquire a condominium under their name and own the property for an unlimited time.
However, they must respect 3 conditions:
- Purchase a condo in a residence offering the full ownership of the property.
- Ensure that foreigners can purchase any condominium project up to 49% of the total space of all units in that condominium
- Transfer 100% of the amount of the purchase price from an overseas source into Thailand
Freehold vs. Leasehold (ownership)
Ownership of land and buildings seems to be very difficult to understand at first, there is also many misconceptions. According to Thai law, 49% of the total livable area of the condominium can be sold as freehold ownership (Chanote title deed) to foreigners. The remaining units can be sold as leasehold, with a 30 year lease, usually renewable two times, giving the owner a 90 year contract. A non-Thai resident who wishes to buy a freehold condominium in Thailand is required to show that the funds has been transferred from abroad (a country other than Thailand) in foreign currency. The ownership will be transferred upon proof of these funds shown at the Land Department.
- Full property ownership
- Full rights are granted to the owner
- Provision of the total enjoyment of the property
- Ability to rent or sell the property
Foreigners are allowed to purchase leasehold interests in land. For residential purpose, the maximum lease term is 30 years with possibility to renew (maximum 90 years). Lease longer than 3 years are considered Long term leases and are registered at the land department.
Finance – Can foreigners get loan from Banks in Thailand?
Local Lending In Thailand
Banks in Thailand normally provide personal loans to individuals and this includes credit card facilities, business loans, personal loans for education or medical treatment as well as personal loans for general use such as the purchase of a condominium, renovations, car purchases and so on. These facilities are, subject to each bank's individual policy and available to foreigners if they have lived and worked in Thailand for a number of years.
In order to obtain these personal loans for the purchase of real estate, it is important to note that these loans are generally granted on the fair market value of the property and this is usually based on the bank's own valuation process.
There are some important criteria to qualify a foreigner to access bank loans are as follows;
- At least a 1-year work permit or a Thai resident permit.
- A letter of employment indicating their years of service in Thailand and their annual salary.
- Pay slips will usually be attached to this as well.
- The banks may also request for the employer's company documents
- The banks would also conduct credit checks on the foreigner
- The applicant's age combined with the loan period must not exceed 60 years.
- Applicants must have a stable and secure job.
- Applicants must have a fixed income three times higher than each installment repayment.
- The aggregate amortization of loan must exceed 7 years (for some banks).
The applicant may also be required to submit the following documents to the bank upon application;
- Copies of passport including visa page, ID card or government official ID card
- Marriage certificate of the applicant and spouse (if applicable).
- Confirmation of income or salary, and copies of bank statements
- Copies of land or unit title deeds, sale and purchase contracts
The interest rates for these types of loan are typically based on a fixed interest rate depending on the bank offer at the time. It is also helpful to note that because these loans are offered locally, the interest rates are usually a bit more competitive and it does pay to shop around first.
International Home Loan Schemes For Thailand
Around the middle of 2005, Thailand saw the emergence of a new financing service offered by Bangkok Bank's Singapore branch. At this time we saw Bangkok Bank starting to offer offshore financing for foreigners wishing to purchase real estate in Thailand. Up to 70% of the property's value was made available to foreigners who did not qualify for a local loan. This gave many foreigners access to finance for their dream homes even if they did not reside in Thailand.
Bangkok Bank in Singapore still offers such loans to foreigners as the demand for this is increasing.
- They are able to tender loans in several currencies including US and Singapore Dollars.
- A processing fee will also be incurred upon application. Bangkok Bank does insist on meeting the applicants in person and this means you would usually have to travel to Singapore to apply for this.
Bangkok Bank was the first bank in Singapore to offer such financing services. However, this year we saw the introduction of United Overseas Bank (UOB) in Singapore jumping on the band wagon and offering similar lending services to foreigners wishing to purchase real estate in Thailand.
- It is a relatively new scheme for UOB and it was introduced largely as an alternative to Bangkok Bank's hold on this lucrative market.
- At the moment, the terms for a UOB international loan are still very similar to Bangkok Bank with their interest rate. However, it appears their processing fee may be slightly higher but offers the advantage of applying for the loan locally in Thailand without having to set foot in Singapore.